Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Dear Jake



3 years ago today I saw your beautiful face for the first time, but I fell in love with you 9 months prior your arrival and today just marks our first meeting.
I am so lucky to be your Mommy and you changed my world completely. You have made me look at the moon, sun and the stars differently.

I love when you hide and start giggling long before we find you.
I love how curious you about the world. You just discovered footprints and can't get enough looking for some in the snow.
I love that you love sweets as much as I do - it gives me an excuse to buy them!
I love your imagination! One day your a pirate on a ship at sea, fighting the sharks and yelling "Arrrrr Matey!", another day you are a superhero, rescuing everyone around you from a ghost or monster.
I love how polite you are! This morning I woke you up by whispering "Happy Birthday" in your ear and you replied "Happy Birthday to you too!". When you are naughty and I ask you if you need a spanking, you reply "No, thank you!"

This past year has been amazing! We went to some great places together and you also learned to go potty (REALLY quick) and talk. It is great to have "conversations" now with you and finally we now what's going on inside your head! You never end to amaze me!
I hope your 3rd year will be full of wonders, games, fun and explorations!

You ARE a superhero and you CAN change the world. You changed mine!

Never stop asking questions!

Love,
Mommy







3 comments: