Tuesday, June 1, 2010

shrimp, points, godmommies & cornhole

Pretty much that sums up our Memorial Weekend.

It was one of the best! We had so much fun.

Last week I joined Weight Watchers... I know I realize I am not overweight BUT I am heading that direction. I have been going up 1-2 dress sized every year now... so even though I already lost my baby weight from Finn, I still need to loose the baby weight from Jake.

My goal is 15 pounds in 3 months. That is my 10% target.

That means since last week I am counting points. Never realized how bad I ate. Not really bad food but I would not eat a lot and when I would eat, I would eat double the amount that I really needed. So, I am trying to establish little better eating habits, I guess.

Sunday we had the absolute pleasure hosting a shrimp and crab leg boil with both sets of god parents. (Minus my brother) We are so lucky to have such close friends around us, especially not having any family here.

The boil was a hit. The food was so delicious. I couldn't even take many pictures, because I didn't want to waste my time and dig in.

md8

md5

Yes, I still counted my points (kind of) and was a little more careful with what I consumed.

md4

Just like it is supposed to be... dump it on newspaper and dig in with your hands!

And the aftermath...

md2

Just enough left over for very yummy scrambled eggs and shrimp the next morning.

md1

Here are all the kids. They had a blast playing together. Ally and I made their little shrimp shirts for this boil.

The next day (actual Memorial Day) we met up with my American family (my host family when I was here as an Au pair). We had a great dinner and enjoyed a tournament of cornhole. The kids had fun and were entertained all evening long.

Sorry no pictures of that, since I forgot my camera at home.

All in all a very, very nice weekend.

But next weekend might even top that... Stay tuned for that!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment