Saturday, April 11, 2009

last night

Jakey got to ride the Zamboni!

He was the only one chosen out of 10,000 people last night at the semifinal Cyclone Ice Hockey game to ride the Zamboni.

I missed it. :( It was a guys night out for my guys.

But he had a blast! He had more than a blast... he was in heaven.

And... the Zamboni driver told Scot that in all his years doing this he has never seen a little kid entertain the crowd so much.

He was screaming, laughing, sticking his tongue out, blowing raspberries, waving to the crowd like the Queen... just anything to make the crowds happy and cheer him on.

He was on the big screen most of the time and when he got off many people came up to him and gave him high fives.

Scot was on the phone with me while Jakey was doing is rounds and I have to say I had a little tear in my eye.


6 comments:

  1. Was that the game like 2 nights ago? my Bff went! i'll have to give her a call an ask her about it ;-)

    how did he get picked to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it was last night (Friday night).

    He was already in the stands cheering the team on like a maniac with the cutest moose binoculars hanging around him... the cameras picked him up and they came over and asked Scot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fun! Wish I could have been there to cheer him on. Hope you are having a somewhat relaxing Easter weekend. Love ya and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very cool. Way to Go Jakey!!

    ReplyDelete