Monday, September 15, 2008

Ike

We are okay!

Our power just came back on... but many, many people in Cincinnati are with out power.

Last Night there were 800,000 homes with out power!

We were completley unprepared for this storm. No batteries, candles yes but no lighter, no bread, no gas in our car since someone forgot to put gas in it.

This morning all of the gas stations around us are without gas! All the stores are still closed... We have lots and lots of tress down!Our street is not accesible because a tree fell down in the middle of it.

I heard from friends that traffic lights fell, houses destroyed, etc...

The crazy thing is that this is Ike... we live in Ohio! Who would have thought we would have a tropical storm here?

I really feel for all those people in Texas... I don't even want to imagine what they went through!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're all ok. I didn't even know Ohio was getting any of the storm! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I seriously had no idea it was going to get that bad. I really need to get my head out of the books and turn the TV on every onece in a while :-). Glad you're okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you finally got to some food and gas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is crazy! I called a lot of my friends and they all had off work!

    Thanks for entering my contest!

    ReplyDelete