Monday, March 24, 2008

easterschmeaster


easterschmeaster, originally uploaded by Sonja B..

easter is over... and I must say it was an especially nice one this year.

We started the day with Jakey getting his "dune buggy" from the Easter Bunny (aka Griffin) and me cleaning the house. Yeah for holidays!

In the afternoon we had friends come over and Grandpa and Uncle Kyle. I went all out of my way and bought the Easter dinner from Texas Roadhouse! For twelce people: ham, applesauce, 2 orders of green beans, bread, butter, peanuts (?) and fried rice (??)... it was delicous. But the best was that everything was already cooked! No cooking, no cleaning, no mess! Easter Heaven Thanks to Texas Roadhouse!
My friend made me my favorite desert: Norwegian Rice Pudding... hmmm, hmmm good!
Grandpa made sure he wore his special 1975 Surfing Sweater (which Scot by the way promised he would burn, since it always appears on special occasions!)
The boys were spoiled rotten once more from the Easter Bunny with chocolate, eggs, candy, toys, money (!) and more chocolate. We hid the eggs outside and when we came back in to call the boys it started snowing!!! Luckily, it was just a few flurries and we could handle being outside for a while.
The day ended with full bellies, lots of fun, and two VERY overtired, sugar-high boys!
oh and one busted lip... which was of course my kid! Fun Times!

Happy belated Easter from us!

No comments:

Post a Comment