Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Swoop

Sunday we spent the entire day with friends at home and baked christmas cookies. It was a lot of fun, but also hard work and at the end of the day I was soooo exhausted from rolling all kinds of dough balls - chocolate truffles, rum balls, raspberry thumbprint balls and then meatballs!

Monday we had Little Miss Lilly over for a playdate and it went really, really well. Jakey and Lilly were both awesome and I got a lot of cleaning and laundry done.

In the morning I was laying down with Lilly and Jake for about an hour watching cartoons. Jakey let Lillt play with his Rescue Hero Helicopter - believe that is a big deal for him. He then reached over to hold Lilly's hand and when she finally gav it to him, he said: "Thank you Baby for holding my hand!" How sweet is that???

Tuesday the day started out being not so good and I came home pretty upset from work (for reasons I am not going discuss here).
Jakey: "Mommy are you crying?"
Me: "No, honey. Mommy is just mad!"
Jakey: pause and then "are you mad at the dinosaur?"
Me: "Yes, I am mad at the old, grumpy dinosaur!" Hey, it is kind of true! :)

Tuesday afternoon we went up to Miami University to see a Basketball game. Jakey wasn't very interested in the game and had only eyes for swoop the Redhawks mascot! The highlight came for him when Swoop came over to us into the stands and Jakey went over and gave him a big hug and a kiss! Oh, I wish I had my camera with me! He is still talking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment